Proposal | Making a Selection
Getting a Proposal:
· We provide free in store estimates
· Bring with you a simple drawing or blue print of the areas you are interested in having natural stone in. You need to have cabinet lengths on your drawing to help with an accurate estimate.
· While here, take a look at samples of over 50 different colors as well as our large inventory of slabs that are here on site for you to pick from.
· Can’t make it in? Simply fax or email your layout drawing or blueprint.
· The estimate will have a price for all of color groups allowing you to make a selection that will fit your budget.
Making a Selection:
· We even have a color specialist and designer on staff that can help you pick the right stone for you.
· We recommend you to bring in samples of your cabinet, tile, paint etc. to help you choose the color of stone that will work best in your home.
· We can also provide you samples of colors you are interested in to take with you for further review.
· Also, at this time you can choose what edge you would like on your countertops as well look at sinks we can offer for you in your home.
PLACING AN oRDER | tEMPLATE
Placing an Order:
· After you have made your color, sink and edge selection, J&H Granite will work up a contract for your job and create an invoice.
· Terms for payment are half down and the other half is due on completion.
· After the down payment, we will make an appointment for our templator to come and measure your countertops at agreed upon day and.
· The templator will arrive at the job at the appointed time and will take measurements of your job and/or use our LT-55 XL Precision Laser Templator that makes a digital template of your job pieces and converts them into CAD drawings for our CNC machinery to fabricate with exact precision. http://www.laserproductsus.com/products/lt55.shtml
· The templator will work with you onsite to make sure that all specifications meet your expectations. Especially concentrating on:
o Radius corners
o Custom design features such as arches or curved profiles
· After measurements are taken, J&H Granite will compare the actual dimensions to the estimated dimensions. If for any reason there is a difference between the two we will fully explain the difference and if necessary make adjustments to the invoice before starting any work.
fABRICATION | iNSTALLATION
· After measurement and CAD drawing are finished of the job it will take approximately 5 to 7 business days to fabricate.
· During the fabrication process one of our professional staff will contact you to schedule an installation date.
· Typical installation time for most standard size projects is under 8 hours.
· Old or existing countertops need to be removed prior to installation, unless the customer decides to pay J&H Granite for a tear out of their existing countertops.
· J&H Granite is not a licensed plumber or electrician and cannot perform tasks such as disconnect or reconnect any plumbing and electrical items such as faucets, drains, and/or cooktops (gas or electric). It is the responsibility of the customer to have items like these disconnected if we are performing a tear out or reconnected after we install.
· All faucets, soap dispensers, water filtration and undermount sinks that the home owner purchases (unless supplied by J&H Granite) need to be at the job location. If you are reusing your existing cooktop, then that needs to be on the job. If you have purchased a new cooktop then the model needs to be given to J&H Granite prior to the day of installation.
· Any necessary supporting brackets for a granite overhang (anything more than 12″ from the half wall or cabinet) must be installed on the cabinetry. If cabinets are not level and J&H has to shim the granite to make it level, there can be spaces between the cabinet and granite countertop which will have to be trimmed out by the homeowner.
· J&H Granite Inc. will not be responsible for sealing or caulking to adjoining trades; paint touch up; miscellaneous wood trim; demolition; or protection of finished work unless otherwise specified in writing. During installation, J&H Granite Inc. will make every attempt to capture any dust created during installation of countertops but will not be responsible for any cleaning due to dust that may spread through the house.
· Once the job has been completed by J&H Granite, the homeowner will then go over the installation with the installer to make sure everything has met their satisfaction. After everything has been signed off on, the final payment will be due at that time.